My first post on a recipe from my kitchen :)
I have decided to post my recipes here on and after a bit of delving on why i didn't really post on cooking here, even though i like cooking, and the answer is
1. I can't quantify my ingredients (I just do it right!)
2. My ingredients vary according to my taste buds(same recipe), how i would like the dish to taste on a particular day.
3. I love experimenting and ensure i succeed at it!(My success rate is quite high)
Now to the recipe and i shall try to clearly mention the variants :)
Broccoli Soup - Ingredients
1. Broccoli florets - 1 Cup (You can add the stems if you want, i don't.)
2. Ginger - 1 small piece
3. Garlic - 4-5 cloves
4. Onion - 1/2 chopped
5. Pepper corns - 10-15 (Prefer it spicy!)
7. Milk/Cream - 4-5 Table spoons
8. Flour (Optional to thicken)
Pour oil(2-3 tea spoons) in a frying pan. Saute the onions, ginger, garlic and pepper corn ill brown.
Boil the Broccoli separately. Remove the Broccoli florets and blend it with the fried mixture smoothly.
You can use the water that boiled the Broccoli as the stock for the soup. Pour the mixture into the boiling water and slowly stir. Add salt to taste.
On simmer, Add Milk/cream. If you would like the soup to thicken further add the flour mixed with water.
Yummy broccoli soup is ready for serving.
Recipe Tweaks I add mushrooms(at times) to the soup when it's boiling. If you have mushrooms at home, you can add them.
We love this soup :)
Vitamin C rich, Absorbed Calcium, Anti-cancer properties, good source of dietary fiber.